ADMISSION AND PLACEMENT
To be admitted, prospective students must be at least 18 years of age. The ESL Course of Study is designed for students who:
(1) have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent in their home country or the U.S.;
(2) are preparing to enter a U.S. university;
(3) have no TOEFL score or whose TOEFL score falls below 500.
*Students who have permanent residency (holders of "green cards") and have completed high school in a language other than English, may also be admitted into the ESL Course of Study.
Students accepted into the ESL Course of Study are tested for placement in one of six levels. The ESL Placement Examination is administered on or before the first day of class.
ESL & TOEFL Program Admission requirements
- Application for Admission Form
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- One Reference Letter
- Declaration of Financial Support
- Enrollment Agreement
- Placement Test Result
ADMISSION OF TRANSFERRING STUDENTS
MU offers English as a Second Language as an intensive language course of study. This course of study is not a credit course and no transfer credit will be accepted.