Students will be admitted to the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program if their undergraduate GPA is 2.00 or greater for courses taken in their undergraduate program.
M.B.A. students must supply proof that they have completed a bachelor's degree in business administration or economics from a recognized school. Those students who have not completed their bachelor's degree in business related area are required to meet the prerequisite requirements.
Students seeking graduate admission must submit the following application requirements:
- Application fee for all students (non-refundable): US$70.
- Completed application;
- Evidence of completion of bachelor's degree. Official transcripts of all degrees. Transcripts from international institutions of higher education may require course credit evaluation by a recognized evaluation service selected by MU;
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Applicants for master’s degree programs whose native language is other than English must have a score of 477 (paper-based), or 153 (computer-based), or 53 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 5.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), and must send their scores to MU's Admissions Office. Students who have earned a secondary education diploma or degrees from higher education institutions in the U.S. in which English was the major language of instruction do not have to present a TOEFL or IELTS score and may be excused from the equivalent test. Enrolled students who exhibit difficulties with the English language may be referred to the ESL Faculty for review and for suggestions to remedy any deficiencies. Students who have earned a secondary education diploma or degrees from higher education institutions in the U.S. in which English was the major language of instruction do not have to present a TOEFL or IELTS score and may be excused from the equivalent test;
- Certificate of Financial Support with supporting documents; and
- Copy of passport;
ADMISSION OF TRANSFERRING STUDENTS
For transfers to MU, the policy is to accept only two (2) courses (8 units) for transfer credit at the graduate level. Students desiring to transfer such credits must make a formal request which includes:
- A list of MU courses for which the student is requesting credits;
- Official transcript(s) indicating courses that may be equivalent;
- Descriptions and syllabi/outlines for the course(s) or catalog.
It is the student’s responsibility to begin the process by first becoming familiar with the required courses in the MU program as described in the current catalog.
The University does not automatically give credit for courses completed at other institutions; it determines whether credit will be given by evaluating each course and its content. Only equivalent courses are transferable. A or B grades are required at the graduate level. MU has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university.